Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Off the cliff

smhon   August 2nd, 2010 12:45a.m.

Been down with a horrible flu for the last 2 months. Never knew doctors could put a guy on/off antibiotics for this long without killing the patient.

Coming back to skritter is awfully painful. memory seems to have been lost, and simple words I once scribbled in seconds take me much longer to struggle to recall.

Anyone had this kind of experience before?

p.s. Have been tempted to hit the scatter button a few times now. Let's see how long I can resist this urge. :-)

nick   August 2nd, 2010 10:50a.m.

Sorry to hear that, smhon. I hope this post means you're feeling better now?

A big review pile like you have now is a bit cruel in that the hardest stuff is at the beginning. As you make your way up the mountain, you'll find the easier words that you knew better before and it shouldn't be so bad as at first.

加油!

jww1066   August 2nd, 2010 12:07p.m.

@smhon: That's happened to me several times when studying other languages. Rest assured that the memories are there, if buried, and when you have re-reviewed the words a couple of times they will be stronger than ever, like in Dragon Ball Z when Goku gets stronger every time he almost dies.

smhon   August 2nd, 2010 8:21p.m.

Thanks for the words of encouragement :-)

icecream   August 3rd, 2010 8:37a.m.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!