Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Account vs Vocab

贺知宝   July 31st, 2010 2:56p.m.

I understand that the words we have learned are tied to our account and not our lists, but is there some way to access the words that we have studied/are on queue to study? For example, I went through some published lists adding words here and there that I found interesting, but I would like to separate them into lists. Are they located somewhere?

Thanks,

Paul

scott   July 31st, 2010 3:15p.m.

Right now the only way to get at those words is to export them. Once they're added from the queue, you don't see them on the queue page anymore.

It's on my list to fix this though. The queue will become more like a custom list (and maybe custom lists will become more like queues?). When that happens you'll be able to quickly browse through all the words you added to your queue, chronologically.

jcdoss   July 31st, 2010 6:22p.m.

Let me humbly add that while you're adjusting how lists and queues work, that it could greatly benefit from some kind of search function.

贺知宝   July 31st, 2010 8:02p.m.

hmmmmm... okay. I added a bunch of radicals thinking that they were being put onto a list somewhere that I could then "cram" separately. Is there anyway to at least remove them from coming up when I "practice everything"?

Byzanti   July 31st, 2010 8:18p.m.

If you added them as a list you can from the main practice page (before you start practising) hit the delete button on the right, and then the appropriate choice. If you were just wanting to cram them, perhaps the scratchpad?

贺知宝   July 31st, 2010 8:24p.m.

Right, unfortunately I didn't add them as a list. I added them simply by going through someone else's list and clicking the green add button (apparently sending them to some hidden list that I don't have access to)

Byzanti   August 1st, 2010 8:04a.m.

That sends them to the queue: http://www.skritter.com/vocab/queue

Once they're added though, they wont be attached to a list (Scott will be changing that, eventually, I believe though, making the queue a list). So in that case you'll just have to wait till the characters come up in practice and hit the magnifying glass, then the red - buttons to remove it.

贺知宝   August 1st, 2010 11:15a.m.

Are words considered "added" when they appear for the first time in practice mode? It would be helpful to have access to a master list attached to your account that includes all words that you have ever added.

Byzanti   August 1st, 2010 12:03p.m.

Yes. If you want to see all words/characters ever added go here and export all: http://www.skritter.com/vocab/export

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!