Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Squigs mode

阿福   August 2nd, 2010 4:23a.m.

Is there a difference in the way strokes are recognized in raw squigs mode? I'm having persistent problems with the second stroke in:

The software just doesn't seem to recognize when I've completed the second stroke. What sometimes works is lifting the pen and adding a dot at the very end of the stroke but this isn't a habit I'd like to get into.

(Firefox, Win XP, Wacom Bamboo, Wacom firefox plugin)

sonorier   August 2nd, 2010 5:21a.m.

I was thinking about the same thing, it is usually harder to get stroked recognized in squig mode, but I thought it was my problem since I guess the recognition is the same.

I would love to use squig mode but all it does for me is frustrate me.

nick   August 2nd, 2010 10:26a.m.

The recognition is the same either way. Note that for 乃, the big stroke should have five segments. It is not the same stroke as in 及, which only has four. So make sure the stroke you're writing has five segments.

I am getting closer to having time for some more tuning of all the problem recognizers (there are many built up). Still a bunch of bugs to fix first, though.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!