Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Counting characters twice: simplified + traditional

Foo Choo Choon   September 21st, 2010 9:43a.m.

I've just added a bunch of basic traditional characters, now I got about 300 characters almost "for free", although I haven't added any really new characters. When you already know 说, learning 說 isn't much of a difficulty, although this is different for characters like 機,聯 or 盡.

However, I'd still like to know the actual number of separate characters I know, so I'd be in favour of drawing a line between traditional and simplified characters in some way.

nick   September 21st, 2010 10:08a.m.

Sorry--we debated this one for a long time, but it's a lot more expensive and complicated on the backend and makes many things slower. So a while back we made the decision to not offer separate progress breakdowns for simplified and traditional characters, and there's almost no changing it now.

Foo Choo Choon   September 21st, 2010 10:17a.m.

那就不得不尊重你们的选择,没事。

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!