Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Published vocab list: 文化苦旅 - 上海人

balsa   September 21st, 2010 1:24p.m.

I've sweat a lot of blood for it so I wanted to share this custom list, hehe.

The text is an excerpt from 文化苦旅 by 餘秋雨. I kinda like it because 餘秋雨 is a contemporary writer, and 文化苦旅 is a reflection of his travels in China. He mixes his insights with historical references which I find interesting but also makes for a challenging read.

I've tried to put it all the words I didn't know, but sometimes, due to the lack of a defintion, some words have been left out. Still, I think the list covers a pretty good amount of vocab.

I recommend this reading to anyone visiting Shanghai. It helps make visiting Shanghai more interesting :p

Here's the list:
http://www.skritter.com/vocab/list?list=agVza3JpdHIWCxINVm9jYWJMaXN0SW5mbxjBzpEXDA

I hope you will be able to take advantage of it, and I welcome any feedbacks on the definitions.

Also, the list is split in sections as it is the case in the published book, but those sections are not indicated in the digital version provided.

nick   September 23rd, 2010 11:03a.m.

Excellent! So very convenient to have the vocab list already made in Skritter, plus the digital text right there. Thanks, balsa!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!