Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Writing cursor design

nick   December 13th, 2008 11:16a.m.

Currently, the cursor in the Flash window looks like an asymmetrical blob. This is because I made by myself while doing the first Flash work, without George around to design something, and so I just grabbed the first inkblot image that I saw.

We're thinking of redesigning the cursor. Some ideas:
* a simple circle
* a brush tip of some sort
* an animated cursor
* have it "move down" to the "paper" when writing, whereas normally it floats a little above
* a reflective lens flare rainbow motion blur

If you've got any ideas to share, or feedback on those ones, let us know.

ZachH   December 13th, 2008 3:16p.m.

I like the blob!! -Nice and simple
But maybe a nice lighting flare as well would be cool :P

mtaran   December 14th, 2008 4:54a.m.

I think KISS is the best principle to follow in this case. And I don't have anything against the current cursor at all. If it had to be replaced with something, though, I would pick the simple circle.

Nicki   December 14th, 2008 10:45a.m.

I think it is fine the way it is, too.

trina   December 14th, 2008 3:59p.m.

Word to your blob.

Bodin   December 15th, 2008 1:22a.m.

I like the blob, but honestly I've not come to terms on how to draw the neutral blob yet.

百发没中   December 15th, 2008 4:20p.m.

agree with bodin...the blob itself is fine as a cursor....the blob as the tone is still a bit tricky...

littlebob   December 15th, 2008 4:58p.m.

For the neutral tone I draw a very short vertical line down, and it seems to work everytime.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!

Mobile Analytics