Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

iPhone app

divergio   December 13th, 2008 3:15a.m.

I know you are already aware...but this is basically ideal as an iPhone app.

I have my iPod touch with me more often than my computer, and the touchscreen is way better than a laptop touchpad.

I salivate at the thought.

serickso   December 13th, 2008 8:58a.m.

Yes, we've gotten a number of requests for an iPhone app, and Nick has an iPhone so he'd very much like to set that up as well. It's not being worked on for the time being though, since if we were to build it we'd have to maintain two branches of the same client code while we're still building it, and right now we're just focused on getting the web app as shiny and complete as we can make it. Once things are more stable and we have the time we'll surely go for it. So it'll come after release, not sure how long after release though.

Until then, you could use VNC to use Skritter on your iPod touch. Nick and Bob S talked about it in the comments here:

http://blog.skritter.com/2008/12/bugpocalypse.html

It's a hack, and would probably only be fast enough to work over a home network. But that's as close as we'll get to Skritter on iPhones for now.

Tortue   February 3rd, 2009 1:17p.m.

Is Skritter using Flash technologies that it's not "usable' with iPhone's Safari ?

nick   February 3rd, 2009 4:56p.m.

That's correct. Since iPhone's Safari has no Flash player built in, Skritter won't run. Our plans for an iPhone version are either to port the Flash drawing code to JavaScript, or to make a native iPhone app. It will be months before we can start on this, though.

Flash coming to the iPhone at some point is a much-rumored and little-evidenced proposition. That would be sweet, indeed. It may not ever happen, though.

mingo732005   March 30th, 2009 7:33a.m.

i hope that the iphone could help me to practice to write the chinese characters. Safari did not support Flash and something else for writting chinese characters :< !!
It's very helful if i can learn to practice (to draw chinese characters on the iphone tiny screen when i am anywhere, at anytime.
I hope so, but i cannot do anything, dears.
Thank for your opinions.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!