Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Deleting lists

KenM   October 22nd, 2010 8:27a.m.

I just read George's blog entry, and his reference to deleting list scared me ... I have frequently hit the remove button, because I thought all it did was remove the list from the practice page. I dabble in a lot of lists, may cram them for few days, and then once I've learned all the new words in the list, I want to remove the list from my practice page, but I don't want to delete any of the words. How should I do this? By the way, I have never seen the two buttons mentioned in the blog ('Stop Adding' and 'Remove Words') ... I just tested by clicking the Remove button on a list I had finished working with, and after a few seconds, the list disappeared; no pop-up, no choices. What have I been doing, and how do I get to see the 'Stop Adding' and 'Remove Words' buttons?

george   October 22nd, 2010 9:14a.m.

Hey Ken, sorry for the alarm. I checked out your account, and it appears that you've been adding and removing sections, which is different from adding and removing lists. But now worries, adding and removing sections behaves like you expect: when you remove a section from the practice nav, it simply removes it from that page, it does not delete the words. That means that you will continue seeing all the items you added from those sections.

To see the "Stop Adding" and "Remove Words" buttons, you need to be working with full lists, not individual sections. To study a full list, go to the list page, click the green "Study List" button, and then check all the boxes next to the sections you want to study. Skritter will then slowly add items from that list so as not to overwhelm you.

Let me know if that helps, and sorry if I caused you any alarm!

KenM   October 22nd, 2010 9:38a.m.

Thanks, George ... that's clear now.

jcdoss   October 22nd, 2010 9:57a.m.

One last question that doesn't seem to be covered in the blog or here as far as I can tell.

On the Vocabulary > Custom Lists > Your Lists page, there's a column with delete buttons beside each custom list I've made. For my Japanese studies, I've made quite a few, and I'm moving to a more generalized strategy of having fewer larger lists rather than many.

Clicking the 'delete' button will abolish a list I've already finish, but the items will remain in my study queue, correct?

I just want to be ultra-clear before I start deleting things.

nick   October 22nd, 2010 8:53p.m.

Yeah.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!