Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Language Swap

itaju   December 2nd, 2010 5:36a.m.

When I am studying my characters the custom definitons (which I edit alot) in German sometimes switch back to English, deleting my own editions.

Why does this happen?
This sucks!

nick   December 2nd, 2010 2:08p.m.

Hmm, that's no good! A couple questions:

Do the definitions start out in English, you edit them, and then they switch back to English? Or is it that they start in German, you edit them, and they switch back to English?

The custom definitions that you create, that then disappear--do you ever see them again after you create them, or are they gone the next time you see the word?

itaju   December 3rd, 2010 6:44a.m.

well, both. sometimes I start to change an English definiton and change it to German, sometimes it's already in German and I add something new.

today it happend that one definiton that was German at first and switched back to English turned back to German today.

strange!

nick   December 3rd, 2010 5:46p.m.

That is very strange! What browser are you using?

itaju   December 4th, 2010 2:13p.m.

Firefox (on OS X)

(happens to me on and on. it's not quite common, might happen to like 5% of my vocabulary)

nick   December 7th, 2010 5:18p.m.

Do you see lag from the latency indicator (an alpha feature, which you can turn on from the general account settings) around the time that things like this happen?

itaju   December 9th, 2010 9:16a.m.

I see those latency indiactors alot so I can't tell if they occure at the same time, but I give some attention to it :)

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!