Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Import a List into Skritter

Roland   January 10th, 2011 2:18a.m.

I'm sure, that this was discussed earlier already, however, I could not find it in the forum. I want to export lists from Pleco and import it into Skritter. I'm clear about the export function in Pleco, however, I don't know, how to import a complete list (of more than 2000 entities) into Skritter. Especially:
- what must be imported: character or pinyin or english or all?
- what should be used as delimiter
- what kind of format is required
-where in skritter can I import a complete list (not only one item)
Any help would be appreciated.

nick   January 10th, 2011 10:26a.m.

You only need the characters. Each character/word should be on its own line. If you have pinyins or definitions in there, you can use tabs or pipes (|) as separators, but they won't be used unless we don't have the word in our database.

You can paste up to 200 words at a time into a section, but more than that won't work, so you'd have to do it in 10 sections.

So make a custom list called, say, "Exhaustive List of Bear Terms", make sections called "1-200", "201-400", "401-600", etc. Then take your Pleco export and paste the first 200 words into section 1-200, and so on.

Hope this helps!

Roland   January 11th, 2011 1:09a.m.

Nick, thanks, it worked.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!