Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

idea :)

breakphreak   January 31st, 2011 1:52p.m.

maybe some Facebook application that shows how many characters were learned on skritter or so... something to get a wider exposure on facebook :)

Tortue   January 31st, 2011 2:01p.m.

It's already the case every month/week with notification

jww1066   January 31st, 2011 3:11p.m.

@Tortue that's on Twitter, not on Facebook. I personally wouldn't want it to show up on Facebook but maybe there are those that would use it.

jcdoss   January 31st, 2011 3:25p.m.

You can get it to show up on Facebook if you click the checkbox at the bottom.

While on the topic, I get responses from my friends and acquaintences... "What's a Skritter?" I chuckle, then I explain it, then I direct them to the website.

I've never noticed, but is the FB notification clickable? Does it forward interested parties to the front page?

jcdoss   January 31st, 2011 3:30p.m.

Sorry for the incomplete post... that was rude. Here's how to get there. (It's been moved since last time I played with it.)

Main Study page > Scroll to bottom and click "Reminders"

You can also adjust whether it sends to email, Twitter, or FB. I suspect you'll have to send it to FB via Twitter instead of to FB directly.

breakphreak   February 1st, 2011 1:20a.m.

true, via twitter only. and I don't have twitter.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!